A day after Jon Stewart made fun of some of the organisational cockups at the London Olympics (my favourite is the security detail for one of the press hotels, where of 80 contracted security guards 2 showed up, of which one was busted for Marihuana possession), at one of the first events of the games organisers made another colossal blunder, really, you could call it the mother of all blunders.
They displayed the South Korean flag at a North Korea women’s soccer game. Oops.
I have some more ideas for those stealth Monty Python-type organisers of the London games : Display the Japanese flag for Chinese athletes, or the Iranian one for the USA. Palestinian flag for Israeli competitors ? Hm, probably a bit too obvious.
- "If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favors them in order to profit from the blindness of men."-- Baron d'Holbach
- What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. -- Christopher Hitchens
- None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me. -- Rorschach
- How to not do skepticism
- It’s National Palliative Care Week!
- The agony of listening to ABC News Radio
- Leadership Lessons we can learn from Captain Kirk
- Here’s a thought for you
- Why organized Skeptics are nicer people
- You say that as if it’s a good thing
- The Philippines have a long way to go
- I can’t have what I want, and I don’t like what I can have
- What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- Rich Meagher on How to not do skepticism
- Polly on How to not do skepticism
- LV Outlet Pa on Dictionary atheists and Bigfoot skeptics – a critique
- Martin Barr-David on Tony Abbott’s Brave New World
- Sammie on The Christian Bible – that man-made old book of fables
- The Celtic Chimp on Atheism+ and the argument from personal incredulity
- Ye Olde Blacksmith on The Philippines have a long way to go
- Martin on What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- Bastian on What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- John Morales on The Evil that is Steam