A creationist called Moshe Averick asks “Seriously, Aren’t Atheists Embarrassed by P.Z. Myers?”
In case you wonder why anyone lacking belief in gods should be concerned about one particular atheist, don’t. It doesn’t make much sense to me either. Nobody’s atheism depends on what PZ Myers says, neither does the fact that there is no evidence for supernatural beings depend on anything he says.
Averick responds somewhat belatedly to a lecture PZ gave in 2009 about the unscientific Creationist nonsense argument of complexity. You know, no Boeing assembled in a junkyard, the bacterial flagellum, or a cell or eye too complex to have just poofed into existence without a designer, a.k.a. god, that kind of thing. These people have no idea about evolution, they start with the conclusion of “goddidit” and work their way backwards from there. Anyway, of course Averick didn’t get PZ’s analogy, which he explains here, and hilarity ensues.
But yeah, thanks for asking Moshe, you see we’re not so much embarrassed by PZ Myers, but more by stupid closeminded Creationist fools like yourself, who eternally confuse spouting dogma with doing actual science to see where the evidence leads.
- "If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favors them in order to profit from the blindness of men."-- Baron d'Holbach
- What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. -- Christopher Hitchens
- None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me. -- Rorschach
- How to not do skepticism
- It’s National Palliative Care Week!
- The agony of listening to ABC News Radio
- Leadership Lessons we can learn from Captain Kirk
- Here’s a thought for you
- Why organized Skeptics are nicer people
- You say that as if it’s a good thing
- The Philippines have a long way to go
- I can’t have what I want, and I don’t like what I can have
- What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- Rich Meagher on How to not do skepticism
- Polly on How to not do skepticism
- LV Outlet Pa on Dictionary atheists and Bigfoot skeptics – a critique
- Martin Barr-David on Tony Abbott’s Brave New World
- Sammie on The Christian Bible – that man-made old book of fables
- The Celtic Chimp on Atheism+ and the argument from personal incredulity
- Ye Olde Blacksmith on The Philippines have a long way to go
- Martin on What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- Bastian on What’s your favourite Tom Waits song?
- John Morales on The Evil that is Steam